Board Statement Regarding Vocational Nursing Under the Direction of Naturopathic Doctors
The Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians (Board) acknowledges the 2022 legislation, Senate Bill 994 (Jones, Chapter 713, Statutes of 2022), that specifically authorizes licensed vocational nurses (LVNs) to practice under the direction of licensed naturopathic doctors, effective January 1, 2023. For more information visit Board Statement Regarding Vocational Nursing Under the Direction of Naturopathic Doctors and Notice to Licensed Vocational Nurses Regarding Senate Bill 994.
Effective September 9, 2022, the Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians’ fees for each of its license types increased. The new fees apply to payments received online on or after September 21, 2022, or whose payment is postmarked on or after September 21, 2022. For more information on the fee increase, visit: New Fee Schedule for September 2022
With California’s economy reopening, students returning to the classroom and overall improved conditions in the state, the Department of Consumer Affairs informed the Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians (BVNPT) that its remaining active law waivers put in place during the COVID-19 State of Emergency (DCA Waiver DCA–21–195) ended October 31, 2021. The BVNPT and DCA thank you for your continued dedication to serving California consumers.
- COVID–19 Information – Updated August 17, 2021
- How to get Vaccinated?
- Notice Regarding COVID-19 Vaccine Administration
- Have Questions About the Coronavirus?
- DCA Fraud Alerts
- The Board would like to notify you that the Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency, Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the Department of Health and Human Services have credible information of an increased and imminent cybercrime threat to U.S. hospitals and healthcare providers. The Board is sharing this information to provide warning to healthcare providers to ensure that they take timely and reasonable precautions to protect their networks from these threats. Please see additional information at the Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency website
- The Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians (BVNPT) will NEVER call our licensees requesting ANY type of payment. Please do not give out personal or credit card information to anyone over the telephone if they say they are calling from BVNPT. Thank you.
Upcoming Board Meetings
Upcoming Committee Meetings
Upcoming Public MeetingsMore Events
- Application Processing Times
- DCA Uniform Standards re: Substance Abuse
- Disciplinary Guidelines
- Expert Witness Recruitment
- File a Licensee Complaint
- Forms and Publications
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Join Our Email List
- Mandatory Reporting
- Military FAQ
- Monitor Reports
- Precedential Decisions
- Psychiatric Technician Occupational Analysis
- Sunset Information
Related Business Links
- State of California Home Page
Contains an index of internet addresses for all departments within the State of California that are currently online.
- Department of Consumer Affairs Entities
Contains an index of internet addresses for all departments within the Department of Consumer Affairs that are currently online.
- Board of Registered Nursing
- BreEZe Help Tutorials
- California Hospital Association
- California Nurses Association
- California Vocational Nurse Educators
- Department of Health Care Services
- Department of Managed Health Care
- Department of Public Health
- National Council of State Boards of Nursing, Inc.
- HCAI – Loan Repayments, Scholarships, & Grants