Pocket Card Discontinuation
As of September 15, 2017, the Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians will discontinue the issuance of pocket cards to its licensees. Visit www.breeze.ca.gov anytime to verify the status of a license.
Quick Facts Regarding License Verification and Renewal
- The title “Vocational Nurse” or “Psychiatric Technician” cannot be used unless licensed to practice in the State of California.
- The Board recommends that employers of licensed vocational nurses and/or psychiatric technicians verify licensure in California.
- The California Department of Consumer Affairs´ (DCA) BreEZe Online Services is a primary source for verification of vocational nurse and psychiatric technician licensure.
- All vocational nurse and psychiatric technician license information is included within the DCA BreEZe Online Services.
- Courtesy renewal notices are mailed approximately 90 days prior to the license expiration date. All licensees are required to timely renew their license whether or not they receive a renewal notice from the Board.
- Renewals can be submitted online using the DCA BreEZe Online Services.
- The DCA BreEZe Online Services is updated in real-time as a license is renewed.