- Job Opportunity for Nursing Education Consultant - PDF
- Board Meetings
- Consumer Complaint Act of 1997
- Contact Us
- Decisions Pending and Opportunity for Public Participation
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Disciplinary Guidelines
- Expert Witness Recruitment
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Join Our Email List
- License Fingerprint FAQ
- Mandatory Reporting
- Online License Verification
- PRN Newsletter
- Sponsored Free Health Care Events
- Follow on Twitter
LocationBoard of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians
2535 Capitol Oaks Drive
Sacramento, CA 95833
Phone: (916) 263-7800
What is the BVNPT?
The California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians (Board) protects the consumer from unprofessional and unsafe licensed vocational nurses (LVNs) and psychiatric technicians (PTs). Public protection is the highest priority of the Board in exercising its licensing, regulatory and disciplinary functions.
To protect the public, the Board:
- Establishes the minimum requirements for examination and licensure.
- Establishes educational standards for the accreditation of Vocational Nursing (VN) and Psychiatric Technicians (PT) schools in California.
- Adopts regulations to clarify the performance, practice and disciplinary standards for its licensees.
- Enforces the regulations governing the continued accreditation of VN & PT schools in California.
- Enforces the regulations governing LVNs and PTs by taking appropriate disciplinary action against incompetent or unsafe licensees efficiently and effectively.
The Board is composed of eleven members with a public member majority (i.e., 6 public members and 5 professional members). Nine members are appointed by the Governor, one by the Speaker of the Assembly and one by the Senate Pro Tempore.